Women Helping Girls Make Choices is a FREE program for fifth and sixth-grade girls that attend school in the DCMO and ONC BOCES service areas. With the collaborative effort of a number of educators and community resources including co-sponsorship and support by the Secondary Education Department at SUNY Oneonta, we are able to offer the program at SUNY Oneonta on Saturday, April 29 2017.
1) to encourage young women to pursue higher level math and science by creating a link to real world careers;
2) to introduce young women to mentors in non-traditional roles;
3) to inspire self-sufficiency, independence and leadership development;
4) to model career planning and decision making; and
5) to provide positive peer interaction.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the SUNY Oneonta College. Schools participating will enroll a group up to six students (fifth and sixth grade) and one staff chaperone. We have a maximum capacity of 150 participants. Schools may register as many groups as they wish on a first come, first serve basis.
More Than Doctors and Nurses
CAREERS IN HEALTHCARE
12:15 – 1:00
Lunch at the College Dining Hall
This is the fun part of our event. Students will join other college students and dine at the restaurant with the freedom to choose their favorite food from 12 plus food stations and the opportunity to talk to mentors and new friends.